What is responsible tourism?
All those friendly tourism environment, cultural and social as well as the values of a community. These activities allow you to enjoy a positive exchange of experiences between residents and visitors, where the relationship between tourists and the community is fair and benefits of the activity is distributed fairly, and where visitors have a participatory approach in their experience of trip.
Responsible tourism is searching for:
• Minimize the negative economic, environmental and social;
• Generate greater economic benefits for local people and improve the welfare of host communities, improve working conditions and access to the tourism industry;
• Involve local people in decisions that affect their lives, their surroundings and life changes generated by tourism;
• Contribute positively to the conservation of natural and cultural heritage, to maintain the diversity of Colombia and the world;
• Provide more authentic and enjoyable experiences for tourists through connections with local people value and a greater understanding of local people in cultural issues, social and environmental;
• Increase cultural sensitivity, respect between tourists and hosts, and build local pride, security and trust.