Description Ciudad Perdida Tour (4 or 5 days)
Do you like challenges, fresh air and places with archaeological treasures? Come with us to enjoy this natural and cultural experience in the Ciudad Perdida Tour. This magical place is sacred, because it endured time and came back from oblivion. Nowadays it is a sacred place for important indigenous rituals, meetings and celebrations.
The Lost City Trek reveals a different landscape, a new climate and a new world after every new sunrise. You will feel completely lost, but it will be a great feeling! Being far removed from civilization is the best feeling in the world! It is a challenge, but completely worth it!
More information on www.ciudadperdidatour.com/en
Day 1: Santa Marta – El Mamey – Camp 1
- Between 08:30 and 9:00 am you will be picked from your hotel and we will take you to the region called el Mamey. The jeep journey takes 3 hours to el Mamey. Here is where the adventure begins.
- The first hike is challenging, because of the height differences you have to deal with. This lasts for 3.5 hours.
- After lunch you are going to enjoy the natural pools. The refreshing waters of the Sierra Nevada are a welcoming change after hiking for so long.
- At 8:00 pm you can enjoy the dinner at a farm. The first night in the jungle will be in hammocks with mosquito nets.
Day 2: Hike, river Buritaca, Indigenous cabaña
- At 7:00 am you will have breakfast.
- You are going to walk for three hours to the indigenous cabaña. It is very nice because of the lush vegetation and beautiful scenery.
- At 12.30pm you will have lunch. After that you head to the valley and the river Buritaca. Enjoy some swimming time in this pure and natural environment.
- During the Lost City trek you will observe real indigenous settlement. For example the small town known as Mutanshi (Indigenous Kogui). A great experience to feel close to this primitive and authentic culture in the mountains.
- At 8:00 pm you will have dinner.
- Your accommodation for the night are hammocks with mosquito nets.
Day 3: Cabaña Indigena Mumake – Tuyumake
- At 8:00 am you will have breakfast.
- This day trek will take four and a half hours to the Cabaña Indigena Mumake – Teyumake. In this place you will find the Mamo Romualdo, who is the highest religious authority of the Indigenous tribe in this area.
- At 1:00 pm lunch will be ready. Mamo’s Cabaña is located one hour from the Lost City. To get there you cross the river four times. It is highly recommended to wear sandals to cross the river without problems.
- At 7:00 pm you will have dinner.
- Tonight you will sleep in a hammock or a bed with nets.
Day 4: Explore the lost city & Cabaña del Indigena 2
- Today you will have a early breakfast, as usual.
- You have to be full of energy, because today you go on a 1 hour trek to the archaeological zone.
- It is a huge challenge when starting with your climb up the stairs. You have to face the 1200 steps to reach Teyuna: the Lost City of Tayrona, sacred to the indigenous territory of the Sierra Nevada.
- You are going to explore the archaeological sites and the impressive work done by the Tayrona indigenous people.
- The guide will provide you with a lot of information that will reveal the history of this wonderful place. You will have free time to take pictures and enjoy the scenery.
- Then you will eat something and return to the cabaña Indigena.
- You will spend the night in a hammock or a bed with nets.
Day 5: Cabaña Indigena – Camp 1
- After breakfast you will enjoy a quiet day to admire the region’s natural wealth. The trek on the way back will be less tough, because you don’t have to climb the mountains as much as the passed days.
- Enjoy this day full of beautiful views, natural pools, natural hydro massage, friendly Indigenous people and the pristine nature of the Sierra Nevada.
- Tonight you will sleep in hammocks.
Day 5: Cabaña 1 – El Mamey – Santa Marta
- At 7:00 breakfast is ready.
- You will start a three hour walk to the village El Mamey. There is a camp where you will have lunch.
- Along the way we enjoy a natural stone pool.
- Once we arrive civilization, the transport service is waiting for you. You head back to Santa Marta.
- Arrival in Santa Marta at 4 or 5 pm.
At the end of this deep and emotional experience you will feel completely satisfied! You have seen so much history, archaeology, biodiversity and cultures in the most impressive and important mountain of Colombia.
Note: It is optional to do the Lost City Tour in 4 or 5 days. In the six-day tour the walk back is with a less physical effort.
- Travel insurance for all days of the tour
- Food: breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and fruits during the tour (please tell us if you prefer vegetarian options)
- Accommodation: in a hammock, bed optional
- Guide service: specialized (skilled person)
- Entrance to the park Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta
- Contribution to the indigenous communities of the area
- Consumption not mentioned in the plan
- Custom service: a mulo who can carry your bags
Requirements and tips for Ciudad Perdida
- Sandals for crossing waters
- Sunscreen cream
- Comfortable sports shoes or boots for hiking
- Personal medicines
- Bottle of water
- 4 t-shirts
- 3 shorts
- 1 pair of pants
- Sleeping bag
- Personal hygiene products
- Insect repellent (Nopikex)
- The price per person is $700,000 pesos