Day 1: Arrival Cartagena
- You will be picked from the airport. This will be a day full of charming alleys and colorful houses.
- You will go to the historical center of Cartagena. Explore the beautiful old town of the Caribbean region, the main shipping port for gold in the area of the Spanish Colony and the center of the slave trade.
- Cartagena’s old town is surrounded by a defensive wall, which is also a panoramic terrace with fantastic views of the Caribbean Sea. This is also the place for the locals to sit down in the afternoonI to relax with a traditional “limonada de coco” (coconut lemonade).
- Today you are going to visit the most important places of the historical centre. The visit starts at the “Torre del Reloj” (Clock Tower) which is a symbol of the old city of Cartagena. The “Paseo de los Dulces” is a cozy street with a lot of possibilities to buy sweets and candies (Streets Sweets) which appears in the novel “Love in the Time of Cholera,” of Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
- Another highlight of the visit is the Monastery of San Pedro de Claver, a Jesuit monk who is defending the rights of African slaves and is known as the “slave of slaves”.
- After visiting the Museum of the Inquisition, you head to the Fortress of San Felipe, which is a defended the city a long time ago against pirate attacks. It is beautiful to walk in the little alleys and to learn about ancient times.
- The tour ends with a visit to a Jesuit monastery of La Popa, towering over Cartagena.
- After a long day of walking and exploring Cartagena you go back to the hotel.
- In Cartagena there is plenty to do in the evening! Enjoy this vibrant and colourful city to the max!
Day 2: Cartagena – Isla Mucura
- After an early breakfast at the hotel you drive to the port in Cartagena. A fast boat transportation to the island in the Archipelago Mucur San Bernardo on the Colombian Caribbean will take about 2 hours.
- Mucura Island is a tropical paradise! The whites beaches and the azure sea is fantastic!
- Located in the Caribbean Sea, the Gulf of Morosquillo, is one of the 10 islands comprising the San Bernardo Archipelago. The main advantage of Isla Mucura is its elitism and a small number of tourists.
- Mucura Island is a tropical, secluded place, away from civilization, without noise and smog. The crystal clear and warm water combined with the beautiful palmtrees is stunning! You don’t need more than this. Only a cooled coco loco will make your stay a little more pleasant.
- Enjoy the sound of the sea, walk around the island, and relax fully on the beach.
- Including a Caribbean lunch and dinner.
Day 3: Isla Mucura
- Relaxing on the paradise island of Isla Mucura with full board (Caribbean breakfast, lunch and dinner) feels like a fairytale. More beautiful than this is hard to find!
- Beach, tropical sun and relaxation are the keywords for your time on Isla Mucura. You are completely secluded from civilization. A wonderful freeing feeling!
Day 4: Isla Mucura / El Islote
- After a late breakfast you will go on a panoramic boat trip to the island of El Islote. An added attraction is the opportunity to observe the flight of private sea islands, belonging to well-known personalities from the world of entertainment and the island cemetery – Tintipan, which is a local place of burial.
- Swim at El Islote – the most populated island in the world. The population density in El Islote is 124 700 people per square kilometer, which means 8 m2 per person.
- In the afternoon you had back to the Island of Mucura. You will have lunch on the island. The rest of the day you can enjoy the island, the weather, the sea breeze, the sunshine and the lovely beach of the little paradise!
- In the evening you will have a nice dinner.
Day 5: Isla Mucura / Cartagena
- After breakfast, the last moments of relaxation on the paradise island of Isla Mucura are there. A fast boat is ready for to take you back to Cartagena.
- Enjoy your free moments in Cartagena. Stroll around the little streets, go to Bocagrande Beach or drink a cocktail with a stunning sunset at Cafe del Mar.
Day 6: Cartagena / Tayrona Park
- Early in the morning you will go by private transport to Tayrona Park. Three days of complete relaxation in paradise. Your best days are yet to come!
- Hiking in the tropical forest, where you can observe the unique flora and fauna of the Caribbean (colored parrots ‘Loros’, condors and 300 other species of birds, monkeys, turtles, iguanas, etc.).
- An additional attraction is the opportunity to meet the native inhabitants of the Sierra Nevada; the Arhuacos. You will meet them in their traditional white customs and their unique snow-white wool bags called Mochilas. It is they who in their traditional costumes perform unique snow-white wool bags “Mochilas”.
- The destination are beautiful white beaches with emerald water and huge stones, surrounded by tropical greenery “Cabo de San Juan”.
- Accommodation: Ecohabs Parque Tayrona
Day 7: Tayrona Park
- Today you have the opportunity to do a hike to the indigenous town of Pueblito. It is a beautiful archaeological site in which you feel the culture of ancient times.
- Maybe you want relax on the beach? Of course it is possible! Do what you like this free day in the gorgeous green area.
- The meals and accommodation wil be at the Ecohabs
Day 8: Tayrona Park & Flight back home
- After breakfast you will have a transfer to Santa Marta where you can connect to a national flight to Bogoté. Your trip in Colombia had come to an end. Hopefully it was everything you hoped for?!
- Accommodation in 4* hotels in a double room with private bathroom
- Breakfast and dinner
- Lunches at Isla Mucura
- Transportation by bus, boat, ferry, taxi etc (depending on the program)
- Local guide in Santa Marta and Cartagena
- Transfers to and from the airport